Skip to content
REUSE YOUR BAGS!
- We must create a new habit: bringing our bags with us on-the-go. We recommend using ChicoBags – full-sized shopping bags that are easy to stow with an integrated stuff pouch that allows the bag to easily fit in your pocket or purse.
- Not just a few times, or even a hundred times: hundreds of times. The end goal is to find a few durable, washable, reusable bags and to reuse them 300, 400 or even 800 times each.
We can change society’s mindset from the inside out.
- Voice your disapproval of excessive plastic bag use when you see it in public.
- Educate your friends, family, coworkers, anyone(!) on the facts of plastic bag use. Send them to BringYourBagChicago.com
- Make it clear that a reducing and reusing plastic bags is a necessary part of an ongoing national movement towards sustainability.
Contact your alderman to let him or her know that this issue matters to you.
- Use this quick & easy website to find out who your alderman is here.
- Enter your address, click on your alderman’s name, and give them a call or send them an email.
- Communicate your disapproval of excessive plastic bag use and your desire to solve this problem.